10 Fresh Breath Tips on Valentine’s Day from Aberdeen Dental Centre
February is here, which means love month is just around the corner! This Valentine’s Day, you’re probably hoping for a bit of action.
You may be anticipating a romantic evening with your significant other. So, for your big night out, you put on your nicest suit or a seductive outfit. Unfortunately, the necessity of oral cleanliness is a critical factor that we usually ignore.
You’d never want bad breath to ruin the most romantic day of the year.
Fortunately, we’ve compiled a list of ten simple solutions for foul breath so you may kiss with confidence!
10 Simple Ways to Maintain Fresh Breath
1. Brushing and flossing your teeth at least twice a day is recommended. And don’t forget to scrape your tongue.
2. Avoid fatty meals that break down and ferment in the stomach that will cause bad breath.
3. Prevent germs from developing by eating vegetables to maintain the alkalinity of the mouth in balance.
4. Chew on crunchy and nutritious foods such as apples or carrots –it’s akin to cleaning your teeth.
5. Chew sugarless gum containing Xylitol. Chewing gum containing this chemical promotes saliva production, which aids in tooth cleaning and maintains a balanced pH level in your mouth. In addition to boosting your dental health, it helps to battle cavities and germs.
6. Stick to a food plan and avoid grazing on snacks. Allow enough time for your tongue to break down the tiny food particles.
7. Toss out the cigarettes. We know for a fact that smoking is harmful to our health. On the other hand, it is also a significant breath killer, resulting in foul odours in the mouth.
8. At least once a day, use a mouth rinse or spray to minimize the number of odour-causing bacteria and neutralize sulphur compounds.
9. To avoid bad breath, drink plenty of water. Drinking water stimulates your saliva glands, which are responsible for cleaning food particles from your tongue and teeth. You may prevent germs from forming and producing bad breath by keeping these glands activated by remaining hydrated.
10. Visit your dentist at least 2 times a year. Your Albany dentist recommends that you plan and keep dental cleaning and exam appointments to help prevent or reduce foul breath.
Most of the simple ways mentioned above might already be familiar to you. So here’s a tip from your dentist of what you should do if you want to be kissable this Valentine’s Day.
Before going on the Date
Just before your date, brush your teeth, gums, and tongue.
Early in the morning and before your date, floss to get rid of any food caught between your teeth.
Use mouthwash. It is a great way to kill any bacteria in your mouth.
Avoid garlic, onions, dairy, caffeine, alcohol, and other foods with strong or pungent flavours if you want to keep your breath fresh.
Avoid chocolate cake in favour of a dessert rich in berries, oranges, or apples, which will assist in freshening your breath.
During supper, drink plenty of water.
Instead of coffee, try a cup of lemon tea.
Maintain a supply of mints in your pocket.
Bring a toothpick or flosser with you to the restroom, ensuring that there is nothing between your teeth after eating and then rinse your mouth with water.
· Chew gum after dinner and dessert to get rid of foul breath.
· Reduce stomach discomfort to help with foul breath, particularly if you have acid reflux.
Dental Health in Aberdeen Dental Centre
It is essential to have a regular dental check-up to maintain your oral hygiene.
Aberdeen Dental Centre – Albany strive to make your visit as pleasant and as pain-free as possible. We want to provide our patients with healthy smiles that they can be proud of.
Don’t allow your Valentine’s Day preparations to be ruined by bad breath!
Visit your dentist at Aberdeen Dental Centre today!
Call 08 98422345
we are located at 60 Aberdeen St Albany WA 6330